1. The artificiality of the musical numbers, in turn, plays into another way the conflict between fantasy and reality.
2. For most of the piece, the film looks bleak, with mostly grey and beige hues filling the screen, its emphasizing the grimness of the real world.
3. It has controversial themes that are present in the film, such as the illusion of the American Dream and the criticism of the United States.
4. It uses song-and-dance numbers in any heart wrenching tragedy in recent memory of the main character losing her sight.
5. The jerky camera movements with rough cuts and natural lightning reminiscent. It’s hard to concentrate and watch the movie.